The D – Code
The D – Code gives a brief run thru of the names of the products used and what scents are described in the product. D could stand for Diva code, but I just wanted something unique to add to the bunch
Purity Troll - This can only be described as a nutty scent with a hint of chamomile. Our (un) purist beauty bar of soap yet
Mary Jane -(soap only) What was I thinking when I cam up with this? That I was completely out of my mind. And wanted to being something different that also was beneficial to the table. This earthy and smoky bar has notes of patchouli and vetiver for that hazed out appeal. And the bar is even dusted with black/green ‘smoke’.
Dime Piece - notes of Red Rose, Peony, and Southern Magnolia harmonize together with a drop of Dragon’s blood and a touch of amber
Diva Candy- Some say this scent reminds them of a red(cherry, fruit punch, it was just red) now later. It has notes of super sweet cherry and musk blended together with essential oils.
Aloha - I used to live in Hawaii and Aloha reminds me of the salty air, light floral notes of plumeria and gardenia, and coconut. One of my favorites
Mahalo – This is inspired by my stay in Hawaii, except this is a more fruitier blend with a hint of rum and light florals.
Dutty Wine - working on this as we speak. TBA
Hana – Hana means blossom in Japanese and this is a cherry blossom scent. It has notes of lychee, pikake flower and gardenia, keeping the scent light and young
5 Star - This is more of a mature scent. It has a deep base of patchouli and amber, a middle note of red rose, jasmine, and topped with a touch of chocolate
Baby Girl - A candy – inspired floral that can only be described as vanilla cupcake topped with mounds of buttercreme, drizzled with caramel and butterscotch and washed down with grape soda as vanilla blossoms and jasmine waft thru the air
Purple Tiger - This fragrance only comes in soap form. The soap can only be desribed as deep/light purple streaks with lavender buds for decor. The fragrance is based in lavender and petitgrain that’s calming yet clarifying.
Tao Fresh - A very fresh, very clean scent that both men and women alike can wear, this is an Asian inspred scent of bamboo and green tea to harmonize together to create the Tao
Eden’s Revenge - I call this the Garden of Eden scent. It’s very grassy and dirty with hints of fruits such as apples, strawberries, and peaches
Natural man - This is more of a jungle, rainforest scent that I love on guys. It’s very fresh, a little dirty, and smells like rainwater
Tropical Crush - I love tropical scents, mainly because I used to live on an island. This has notes of coconut, sweet papaya, juicy pineapple, and mango. Light and fruity
Bollywood - I call this a spicy, Indian floral. It has base notes of patchouli and amber harmonizing with fresh florals and topped with saffron and honey
Cutie Pie - Another candy – inspred floral. This fragrance is not as sticky sweet as Baby girl, but more of a fruit flavored candy. Notes of strawberry and watermelon candy wrapped in florals and musk
Zanzibar – Can only be found in our hair products. This scent is deep, a lil sweet, but not too heavy. It has notes of clove, sandalwood, cinnamon, musk, and chocolate and is used in our shampoo bar and conditioner to help cover up the neem oil smell.
Here are some tips when using Green Afro Diva Products
1. Technically, I cant call the soap products ‘soap’ according to the FDA since I added some ingredients that provide some type of benefit besides cleaning your body. You will notice me using beauty bar a lot.
2. The hair butta does not have to be used soley on natural hair or in locs,twists, or braids. I use this stuf on my daughter’s hair a lot along with some detangler and it works just fine. My husband uses this on his hair and his hair comes out wavy. It works best when hair is slightly damp
3. While using the soap, make sure that it’s well drained in order for it to last long.
4. While using the fragrance roll ons, don’t rub the scent in. Instead, add it to pulse points and a little really goes a long way.
5. Body scrubs are for sloughing off dead skin cells and leaving behind soft, supple skin that’s lightly scented. Work in a circular motion in the shower and rinse off.
6. It’s pronounced Flaay-vah, not Flaw-vuh (Natural Living with Flava) as in something that is hip, funky, and full of soul…like Green Afro Diva he he…
7. It is best to keep products in a cool dry place. Unopened, most of my products last about 6 months to a year. Opened, such as with the silky whips and any water containing products should last about 3 -6 months. Soaps last about 2 years although the smell may wear away after a year. All of Green Afro Diva products are well preserved.
8. The Shampoo bars are here!! Use it as use you would for bottled shampoo. Don’t worry, it’s easy and not as scary as it seems. You can either work up a good lather in your hands and wash, or take sections of your hair and run the soap through. Rinse and work through conditioner(preferably Zanzibar, Hair Tea, or Rio Conditioners) and style. Since I have short hair, I rub the soap right in my hair, use one of the above conditioners, and follow with the Hair Lube, made with menthol and camphor to stimulate growth and act as a leave in conditioner.
9. Speaking of conditioners, I usually leave in the conditioners for about 5 – 30 min and rinse them out. They can also be left on the hair as a leave in, or can be used on dry hair. The Zanzibar conditioner may be the exception to this because the rhassoul clay may need to be rinsed out. A deep conditoner containing lots of vitamins, minerals, and natural oils are in the works. Tell me what you think.
10. Hair Lube is a wonderful product for use as a hair oil, hot oil treatment, or a leave in conditioner. There’s menthol and camphor to cool the scalp and herbs such as peppermint, rosemary and lavender to stimulate growth. After washing my hair and using the conditioners, I put in some Hair lube while the hair is wet and massage it in my scalp. The cooling lasts, about 20 – 30 minutes and it feel s really good!
Coming Soon - These are some products that the company will market later in the future.
Shampoo Bars – Summer 2011 TBA
Whip Appeal – May 2011
Scrubs – April 2011
Makeup - Summer 2012 (I’ll Explain later)
Facial line - Fall 2011
Body Soaks – Summer 2011
Detanglers – TBA